The Master Promissory Note (MPN) process is a product of Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI). With the ECSI system you will be able to complete, review and print your promissory note using your web browser. At the end of this process, you will be given an individualized ECSI pin number, which will allow you to review your loan account from disbursement through repayment in full.
Your loan is still owned by the University of Wisconsin. If you have questions or concerns please contact the UW Student Loan Office at (608) 262-1791 or via email at email@example.com.
Before you begin, you should be aware of the following:
- If you proceed, you are agreeing to complete the promissory note signature process electronically.
- Your responses to all questions throughout this process will be recorded and made part of your electronically signed document.
- You have the option to complete this process using the traditional signature process. You must contact the Student Loan office at (608) 262-1791 if you wish to sign your promissory note in ink.
- At the end of the electronic signature process, you will be assigned an account and a password for future use. You must keep this information confidential as it can be used to electronically sign additional documents.
- You can return to the ECSI web site at any time (using the assigned login information) to review and print the documents you signed electronically.
- You have the right to request a paper copy of any documents you signed electronically. Make this request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, if you signed your note electronically, you are able to print a copy from the ECSI website.
- By completing the electronic signature process, you are certifying that you are the person identified on the promissory note. If you purposely certify to false or misleading information, you may be fined up to $20,000, face criminal prosecution, or both. Please do not proceed if you are not the person receiving a financial aid award.
Information about Privacy and Security:
- For information about the security of ECSI's website, please read our Security FAQ.
You will need to have the following to successfully complete the process:
- If you are signing for a Federal Perkins Loan, you must provide your First Name, Last Name, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth for validation purposes. If we are unable to validate your identity, you will need to print and complete the paper copy and deliver the documents to your school. Further instructions will be provided after the validation process.
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- If you wish to print a copy of your promissory note, you must have a printer capable of printing these web pages. You can try printing the Sample Promissory Note page as a test.
If you have read the above information, agree to use an electronic promissory note, and have the necessary hardware/software to complete the process, you may