Below are forms useful to borrowers.
If you are not sure which deferment/cancellation to apply for, you can review a list of possible deferments/cancellations, including the conditions under which each can be granted.
Please remember to keep a copy of any form you submit for your records.
If you are not sure which document format to use, look at the Document Formats page for an explanation of each format type.
School Specific Forms
If you attended one of these schools, please use the forms provided in this section. If your school is not in this list, please use the ECSI forms below.
- Austin College
- Ball State University
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Bellarmine University
- Brown University
- Boise State University
- Boston College
- Bowling Green University
- California State University - Bakersfield
- California State University - Chico
- California State University - Northridge
- California State University - Sacramento
- City University of New York (CUNY)
- Clemson University
- Dartmouth College
- DeVry Medical International
- Dillard University
- Duke University
- D'Youville College
- ECPI University
- Emory University
- Emporia State University
- Golden Gate University
- Harvard University
- Hofstra University
- Illinois State University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Kansas University Endowment Association
- Kennesaw State University
- Kenyon College
- La Sierra University
- Lane Community College
- Linfield College
- Lock Haven University
- Mass Dept of Higher Education - No Interest Loan
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Michigan State University
- Midwestern University
- Minnesota State Colleges & Universities
- Mississippi IHL
- Mississippi State University
- North Carolina State University
- North Dakota University
- Northwestern College
- Oklahoma State University
- Oregon Health Science University
- Oregon State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Pepperdine University
- Portland State University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- Robert Morris University/Illinois
- Seton Hill University
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Soka University of America
- Southern College of Optometry
- Texas Christian University
- The Ohio State University
- The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Trinity University
- University of Arkansas
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Connecticut
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- University of Maine System
- University of Maryland-Baltimore
- University of Miami
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Mississippi
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- University of Missouri - Kansas City
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Portland
- University of Southern California
- University of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee - Chattanooga
- University of the Pacific
- University of Vermont
- University of Wisconsin - Madison & Green Bay
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
- University of Wisconsin - Stout
- Washington Adventist University
- Washington State University
- Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC)
- West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
- West Virginia University
- Western Kentucky University
- Whittier College
- Youngstown State University
Use the forms listed below if your school is not listed in the School-Specific Forms above.
An unemployment deferment may be available if you are temporarily unable to pay your student loan payments because you are unable to find work.
Borrowers who are willing but unable to make student loan payments for economic reasons may
A forbearance may be available if you are temporarily unable to make student loan payments because of poor health.
Under certain conditions, a Perkins loan can be discharged based on a total and permanent disability.
Under certain conditions, a Perkins loan can have a portion of the debt (including interest) waived. If you qualify, use these forms to request deferment/cancellation of your loan.
Forms specific to the Nurse Faculty Loan Program.
The Internal Revenue Service requires that you provide your lending institution your correct Social Security Number (SSN). If the SSN on your billing statement or your 1098-E/1098-T is incorrect, you must complete the form W-9S and return it to ECSI.
A deferment may be available if you are a member of the Armed Forces and serving on active duty during a war, military operation, or national emergency. Post-active duty student deferments are also available.
Borrowers of Primary Care Loans must meet certain obligations as outlined in the promissory note for the loan. Use this form to certify that you are practicing Primary Health Care.
Recipients of EFN or FADHPS scholarships with a primary care service obligation must complete this form annually during residency training to notify the school of their training activities.