Welcome to ECSI's Electronic Promissory Note site. You will be able to complete, review and even print your promissory note using only your web browser.
Before you begin, you should be aware of the following:
- If you proceed, you are agreeing to complete the promissory note signature process electronically.
- Your responses to all questions throughout this process will be recorded and made part of your electronically signed document.
- You have the option to complete this process using the traditional signature process. You must contact the school if you wish to sign your promissory note in ink.
- At the end of the electronic signature process, you will be assigned an account and a password for future use. You must keep this information confidential as it can be used to electronically sign additional documents.
- You can return to our web site at any time (using the assigned login information) to review and print the documents you signed electronically.
- You have the right to request a paper copy of any documents you signed electronically.
- By completing the electronic signature process, you are certifying that you are the person identified on the promissory note. If you purposely certify to false or misleading information, you may be fined $20,000, sent to prison, or both. Please do not proceed if you are not the person receiving a financial aid award!
You will need to have the following to successfully complete the process:
- You must know the PIN that the Department of Education has issued to you. You may not complete the electronic signature process without your PIN.
If you do not have a PIN or have forgotten your PIN, please proceed to the Department of Education's
PIN Registration Site before attempting to continue this process.
- Internet Explorer 4.0 (or newer) or Netscape Navigator 4.79 (or newer)
- If you wish to print a copy of your promissory note, you must have a printer capable of printing these web pages. You can try printing the Sample Promissory Note page as a test.
If you have read the above information, agree to use an electronic promissory note, and have the necessary hardware/software to complete the process, you may
begin the electronic signature process.