Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while.If you have questions about hardware or software,
these sites just might have the answer.
Disclaimer: These links take you to outside of the ECSI site. ECSI is not
responsible for the content or accuracy of the information presented on other sites.
Don't know the meaning of a word? Need some explanation of basic concepts? Try one of these resources.
General Help Sites
These sites contain information on many different topics. Use the search facilities
provided to speed your quest for knowledge.
If it deals with Microsoft Windows, you'll probably find it at one of these sites.
These sites specialize in Windows NT information. Many people are considering the move to NT, which is unfamiliar territory to most. These sites will
help you learn the new environment and solve common problems.
- JSI, Inc is the number one repository of NT Tips, tricks, hacks, help and more.
- Visit the Windows NT Resource Center for shareware, freeware, drivers and technical help. Don't miss the Tech Center!
- The NT Security FAQ has a lot of advice to secure your Windows NT machines.
- NTSecurity.net has all the latest NT security news.
The title says it all.
- Net-Engineer.com Resources for Networking Professionals. One of the few 'network-specific' help sites.
Having trouble making your newsreader work? Try the vendor's site first. Need some general information, look toward the bottom of the list.
A web ring is a collection of sites, all pertaining to a single topic. Here are two 'rings' that specialize in PC problems of all kinds.
More information than you can use. If you still can't find what you're looking for, try here.
These sites didn't fall into any other category but contain useful information.
- Computer Incident Advisory Capability A Department of Energy site which tracks Internet chain letters, hoaxes, viruses, etc.
- COAST project at Purdue University contains possibly the largest repository of security related information on the net.
- The CERT Coordination Center is another good security repository.
- Think you've found a bug? Turn to Bugnet first.
- Find out what a program running in the task list is: PacMan's Portal or Resource Management