Help: Change Password
The Change Password page allows a borrower to select a password of their choice. The password should be something easy for you to remember but difficult for any one else to guess. Longer passwords provide better protection. Mixing Upper and lower case letters along with numbers or special characters provides the most security.
You can provide the following information:
- Password: Enter the password you wish to use in the future. A password can be from three to twenty letters, numbers or special symbols.
- Again: You must enter the password twice, exactly the same both times. If the passwords do not match, you will receive an error message and be requested to try again.
- Pass Phrase This is a question that you can be asked in the event you forget your password. We suggest this is something personal that is not common knowledge.
- Response: This will be your answer to the Pass Phrase question. Your answer must match this or the password will not be reset.
- Email: Your current electronic mail address. We encourage you to provide a valid address. In the even you forget your password, you can request that the password be sent to you via email.
When everything appears to have been entered correctly, press the Submit button once (don't "double-click" the button). One of two actions will occur. If all information provided appears valid, you will receive a confirmation that the password was changed. If any problems were detected, you will be shown the error and given a chance to correct it.
Some additional information about passwords, security and your account.