Frequently Asked Questions
We have prepared a list of questions that are frequently asked by visitors to our site. Look through the categories below. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please let us know
You can either select one of the following FAQ categories:
- Help with Features in My Account
- Password/Pin FAQ
- ECSI Internet Services FAQ (Includes Security & Privacy)
- Check Conversion Information
- Electronic Signatures
- Exit Interview FAQ
- Student Loan Interest (1098-E) and Education Tax Credits (1098-T)
or browse the list of the most frequently asked questions below:
- Where do I send payments?
- Where do I find my School Code?
- What Payment Options does ECSI offer?
- How will my payment be applied to my account?
- Where can I print/download a deferment, forbearance, or cancellation form?
- Where can I determine if the school I work for is listed in the Federal Register of Low Income Schools?
- Where do I sign my Promissory Note online?
- Where do I sign my Exit Interview online?
- I am trying to sign my Exit Interview, but it is not available.
- Why is there a difference between the Current Account Balance and my latest eBill?
- How do I delete a Direct Payment?
- Should I use my FAFSA Pin or my ECSI Pin?
- What if I forget my pin or password?
1. Where do I send payments?
To determine the address to send payments to, please visit our Where to Send Payments page.
2. Where do I find my School Code?
Your school code is at the bottom of your billing statement along with your pin. (View a sample bill)
3. What Payment Options does ECSI offer?
ECSI offers the ability to make payments via several methods. You can make 3 types of payments online including Direct Payment (future or recurring ACH Payments), eCheck (single ACH payments drawn today), or Credit Card. We also accept ACH and Credit Card payments over the phone. You may also mail a check or money order to ECSI.
4. How will my payment be applied to my account?
ECSI posts all payments in accordance with the Federal Regulations governing the loans that have borrowered. For most federally regulated loans, this means that your payment will be prorated in the following order:
- Fees (Late Fees, NSF Fees, etc)
- Past Due Interest
- Past Due Principal
- Current Interest
- Current Principal
5. Where can I print/download a deferment, forbearance, or cancellation form?
All of ECSI's forms are located on our Borrower Forms page. If your school is listed under "School Specific Forms," please click on the link for your school, and use those forms. If your school is not listed, then scroll down to the "ECSI Forms" section, and use the forms listed there.
6. Where can I determine if the school I work for is listed in the Federal Register of Low Income Schools?
On our School Search page, select "Low-Income School Search" and follow the instructions provided.
7. Where do I sign my Promissory Note online?
If you were notified by mail or email to sign your promissory note, a website address (URL) was most likely provided. Please type the address into your browser. If you were not notified or no address was provided, then you can start on our Electronic Promissory Note page. Select your school from the list and follow the instructions provided.
8. Where do I sign my Exit Interview online?
Login to My Account using your account number and ECSI pin number. Click on the "Exit Interview" link. From the list of Pending Exit Interviews, select the appropriate exit to complete and follow the instructions provided.
9. I am trying to sign my Exit Interview, but it is not available.
If your Exit Interview does not appear, please check back in 24 hours. If after 24 hours, the Exit Interview still does not appear, please contact us.
10. Why is there a difference between the Current Account Balance and my latest eBill?
An eBill is created once a month, and is a snapshot of your loans at the time the eBill is created. It is just like a paper billing statement in that once it is created and mailed, it cannot be changed. The Current Account Balance page is updated nightly with any changes to your account. If a payment is applied to your account today, then the Current Account Balance will be updated to reflect the payment. Any difference between Current Account Balance and your latest eBill is due to activity on your account that occurred after your eBill was created.
11. How do I delete a Direct Payment?
Login to My Account using your account number and ECSI pin number. Click on "Direct Payment." Then click on "Direct Payment Transaction History." A list of current and past Direct Payments will be displayed, where you can view or delete transactions. A "Delete" button will appear to the left of the payments that you are able to delete. Simply click the "Delete" button next to the payment that you want to remove to delete it. You will only be able to delete transactions scheduled for the future. You know that you have successfully deleted the transaction if it no longer appears in the list.
12. Should I use my FAFSA Pin or my ECSI Pin?
The FAFSA Pin is used for signing an electronic version of a promissory note. The ECSI Pin is used to access My Account, where you can access your Current Account Balance, make payments, and view already signed promissory notes.
13. What if I forget my pin or password?
If you forget your password, there are several ways to gain access to your account.
- If you have registered your Email address on the Update Information page, you can have your password sent to you via Email. This is by far the simplest method.
- If you know your the PIN that ECSI initially assigned to you, you may Reset Your Password. You can then go back and change your password to something you will remember.
- If you cannot remember your PIN or you have not registered an Email address, you can use the View Login Credentials form.